Procedures for Appointment, Induction and Training of Members of the Supervisory Board
In accordance with the Federal Law on Joint Stock Companies, shareholders holding in aggregate at least 2% of the voting shares in Moscow Exchange may nominate candidates to the Supervisory Board of the Exchange, but not more than the number of members of the Supervisory Board of the Exchange. The Charter of the Exchange provides that such proposals shall be submitted no later than 60 days after the end of each fiscal year.
The Supervisory Board of the Exchange considers the received proposals and makes a decision on whether to include the proposed candidates in the list for voting at the General Meeting of Shareholders no later than five days after the date specified for the submission of proposals, i.e., on or before 6 March 2018.
At the end of 1 March 2018, the Exchange received proposals on the nomination of 12 candidates to the Supervisory Board to be elected at the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders in 2018, all of them were included in the list for voting at the General Meeting of Shareholders.
As part of the induction of newly elected directors, there is an induction program for members of the Supervisory Board of Moscow Exchange. The program includes the following activities:
- familiarization of Supervisory Board members with the key internal documents of the Exchange, resolutions adopted by the General Meeting of Shareholders and the Supervisory Board;
- familiarization of Supervisory Board members with the history of the Russian on-exchange market, basic information on the development strategy and operating activities of the Exchange;
- individual meetings with the Chairman of the Supervisory Board and the Chairman of the Executive Board;
- individual meeting with the Director of the Corporate Governance Department;
- meeting with the management of the Group in the form of a one-day introductory course held within two months from the date of election to the Supervisory Board;
- individual meeting(s) with the Chairperson(s) of the Supervisory Board Committee(s), whose members are also members of the Supervisory Board.